I am a global event manager skilled at planning and producing meetings, conferences, special events and trade shows. I have produced events in the United States as well as Hong Kong, Mauritius, Ghana and England.
I have been planning and producing events for more than 15 years. I attribute my success to passion, drive, integrity, commitment and the ability to cultivate and build relationships with clients and other key stakeholders.
My professional relationships are rooted in my ability to deep-dive into client needs to meet their event objectives and ensure successful results.
- Timeline and Comprehensive Project Management
- Event Consultation and Strategy
- Creative and Innovative Event Design
- Budget Development and Management
- Contract Negotiation and Risk Management
- Customized Vendor and Venue Selection/Coordination
- Food and Beverage Coordination
- Hotel and Transportation Logistics
- Produce Procurement
- Collateral Development
- Will help create an environment where your team can meet industry experts and influencers, learn new ideas and approaches that will help them become more effective at work through workshops, roundtables and opportunities to network.
- Will help create an ambience that stimulates the imagination, thinking and creativity as your teams strategize for the future, learn competencies to help them work better together and build more effective communication skills.
- Experienced at creating tradeshow presence from beginning to end including booth design, logistics, staffing, messaging and post-event metrics and follow-up.
Customer and Client Experiences
- Experienced at turning vision into memorable and valuable customer experiences ranging in attendance size from 25 to 1400.
- Strong relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. I am a skilled listener who deeply understands others’ needs and adapts accordingly.
Robin Avant started her career in event planning in 1996 when she worked for the San Francisco AIDS Foundation as Director of Community Information and Education where she and her team produced 2 non-revenue earning community events for the HIV/AIDS community. 1400 people were fed at the annual Thanksgiving Day Dinner at the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco and 500 women and children were fed, entertained and given gifts at the Women’s Building in San Francisco. During this time, Robin and her team produced many community events and managed volunteer support for the AIDS Walk and the AIDS Lifecycle.
Robin continued her career at HopeLab, a bio-technology organization and an Omidyar Family Organization, where she produced an Investigator’s Meeting for pediatric oncology doctors and their families to help build awareness of the study for Re-Mission, the video game for young people living with cancer. During her tenure at HopeLab, Robin produced dinners, receptions, meetings and participated in 6-8 annual pediatric oncology tradeshows.
Robin joined Omidyar Network, also an Omidyar Family Organization, to further her career by working with teams to plan and produce global events in Africa, Mauritius, India and England.
Robin later focused her attention on the technology space at Singularity University where she worked with teams to plan and produce conferences for C-level executives and senior staff from Genentech, Coca-Cola, Caterpillar and Li and Fung.
In the time I’ve known her, Robin was consistently a strong example of excellence. She always took control of the projects and executing to the fullest.Cheryl Gentry
During the pilot-phase Robin displayed her ability to quickly pivot and innovate while ensuring the customer experience was seamless. Robin played a key role in managing most of the operation and logistics handling things like timelines, calendars, collateral, purchase orders, contracts and shipping.Marlon Goods
Robin is the perfect partner for planning and hosting a successful event. On the planning side: she’s very organized, thinks of everything you need, is open to feedback, and is budget conscious. On the hosting side: Robin’s such a delightful, loving, and fun person that anyone would feel welcome and have a great time at an event planned by her.Brian Rodriguez
Robin has a meticulous ability to produce first-class events and exhibit at conferences. She’s gifted in being able to connect with a wide variety of audiences, ranging from clinicians, social workers, children, executives, etc. Her flexibility to work and problem solve, in any situation has been a great asset. Not to mention, Robin is able to juggle a variety of disparate projects at one time.Liz Song
Resourceful, meticulous attention to detail, a poised and elegant ambassador, an effective relationship-builder, thoughtful, open to learning, and trusted friend and colleague. All these things describe, for me, the magnificence of Robin Avant.Christopher Murchison
“Above all, she was very easy to work with and she exuded charm and enthusiasm in her work and communications. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her for any position where project management, event planning, or marketing communication skills are required at the highest level of sophistication.Above all, she was very easy to work with and she exuded charm and enthusiasm in her work and communications. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her for any position where project management, event planning, or marketing communication skills are required at the highest level of sophistication.”John Williams